BUILDING CAPACITY IN OUR COMMUNITY
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Calgary Outlink!
We're looking for volunteers for our casino fundraiser!
The casino fundraiser will take place Wednesday, June 28th and Thursday, June 29th, 2023, at Pure Casino Calgary (1420 Meridian Road NE). To view available shifts and to sign up, click the button below. A phone number and email will be required. Applications are due April 28th.
Here are the volunteer roles and what they will be doing:
- Supervise all aspects of the casino
- Ensure all other volunteers are present for their shifts and have signed in with casino staff
- Begins casino event by entering appropriate license information
- Assumes duties to allow a volunteer to take a break or to fill a position that becomes vacant
- Ensures secure handling and storage of chips and cash
- Supervise the cash cage, including documenting all cash cage transactions, and ensuring security of chips and cash in cash cage
- Reports to general manager, and is responsible for cashiers and chip runners
- Receives and counts opening chip inventory and cash bankroll with general manager, records and maintains a running inventory of both
- Issues opening inventory of chips to games where required
- Documents transactions as required
- Supplies games with chips/coins as requested
- Prepares bank deposits and transfers cash to general manger for secure overnight storage or deposit
- Interacts directly with casino players and redeems players' chips for cash (any transactions over $200 must be witnessed by general manager, banker, or cash cage advisor)
- Receives and counts opening cash fill from banker
- Retains personal control at all times of cash and chips for which they are responsible while on duty in cash cage
- Opens and closes tables
- Delivers chip fills from the banker to game tables
- Delivers credits from game tables to the banker
- May assist general manager in other duties
COUNT ROOM SUPERVISOR
- Responsible for count room staff and procedures (reports to general manager)
- Ensures the count room is secured
- Records the number of bills, coins, and chips counted by the amalgamator
- Supplies cash to banker as required
- Ensures rake boxes are counted first and chips are transferred to the banker before continuing the count
- Generates revenue and count room drop box reports
COUNT ROOM STAFF is split into different roles
- Sorter: Sorts all cash or chips by denomination
- Counter: Counts the sorted cash or chips, by denomination
- Recorder: Records the number of bills, coins, and chips counted
- Amalgamator: Verifies the cash or chips counted and groups them into bundles and summarizes cash and chips with count room supervisor
Each day will be split into a daytime shift and a nighttime shift, with the exception of count room shifts which last from 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM. Dates and times will be listed next to each position. For count room staff: if they would like to have a meal before their shift, please arrive no later than 11:00 PM as the count room will begin at 12:00 AM sharp. It is imperative that all volunteers arrive on time for their shifts. You can work more than one shift, but cannot change positions. Valid picture ID will be required to check-in to the casino.
If the position you're signing up for is filled, you can sign up for the backup position on the sign-up sheet. If you have a specific shift and role you would like to be on the wait list for, please email Brie at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if a position becomes vacant. On the day of the shift, backups will also be potentially contacted by phone if someone does not show or cancels late. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Volunteer hours will be logged in our records for future reference.
(Applications for our regular long-term roles - including Peer Facilitators, Peer Mentors, and Support Line Volunteers - are currently closed. Please check back for when these roles will be open again.)